Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Whitescapes


This iPhone photo I took of a receipt on top of a piece of printer paper shows the subtle differences in shades of white. The receipt paper has a more yellow tone to it than the printer paper, which I otherwise would not have noticed if I weren't looking closely or if they were not so close to one another. I cannot tell if there is a tint to the printer paper, but seems like it has a warmer color in the photo too. The most stark contrast I notice is between both papers and my computer screen since it is emitting white light, but that is different because it is light rather than material objects. Overall, both papers do not appear white in the photo like the white they do seem when they are separated in person. They are both tinted, but the receipt paper definitely has a yellow-greenish tint to it from my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment